Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy New Year!


December 28, 2010

Well Ladies and Gents!

The time has come for 2010 to go away and 2011 to come screeching in faster than I can imagine. I have spent all of the year 2010 as a missionary. We nicknamed it the "Holy Year." I am sure that 2011 will be just as good.

It is now after the holidays, so we are back and running with the work. Which is good. Sometimes it's hard to work during the holidays, and let me tell you December 26th was a hard day -- but we survived! The next day we had some really cool miracles. We tracted these apartments. We got up to the 4th floor with no one answering, or not being interested, until one door flew open and this woman was standing there. We noticed the hospital wristbands and asked her if she felt okay. She laughed and said, "I'm fine. I just had a baby. Wanna meet her?" NOTE -- We are three RANDOM strangers knocking on what we found out to be her back door and she welcomed us right in to meet a two-day old Jalissa. This happens to be my companions first name as well. We took it as a sign we were suppose to be there :) But we sat with the mom and her family for a little while and the mom wants to take the lessons! Pretty Sweet! I love Ogden!

PS We did make a gingerbread house. I told somebody that we were teaching about our competitions and she bought us a kit to build a house. The kit was not a whole lot of fun though. It limited our creativity telling us play by play what we should do and which candies we should put where. What is America coming to? Kids are not going to know how to invent anymore....Sad Day.... :)

LOVE YOU!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment