Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Breanna wearing a "Jody Dress" which she swore she would never do :) Never say Never!




"Ana got baptized Sunday, June 27th at 7 pm. It was one of the BEST baptisms in the world. She had to get dunked twice, and Sister Martin and I were standing there with a towel for her. As she came out, we gave her a huge hug,....yes it was very wet, and Ana stood there and cried. We helped her out, and we sat in the dressing room with her while she was still wet. She was so happy she couldn't move. She was crying and smiling and praising Jesus. We didn't know if she was going into shock or if she was going to faint from joy like in the Book of Mormon. But then we saw humble Ana get off the little bench and kneel on that dressing room hard tile floor. As sisters we kneeled down beside her, still wet, and Ana gave the best prayer I have ever heard. I don't know if I have ever felt the spirit stronger in my life. I wish I could capture that moment in a picture, and I have prayed that I will never forget that feeling. As she gripped Sister Martin and my hand, she looked us in the eye and said, 'Thank you, Thank you for not giving up. I had no idea h ow amazing this would feel. You are my angels.'

How humbling it was. God has blessed me so much. Why do I, selfish little Meldrum get to participate giving God's children a key to their salvation. To be able to see that, I wish I could describe it. I can only think of, 'How great will be their joy...' I have never felt joy quite like that. Pure Christlike love for someone else. A little glimpse into the Celestial Kingdom I think.

We saw Ana yesterday and she looked REALLY good! Can't stop smiling and telling everyone that she needs to go to church with her! :) I love it! I am so short of words to describe it. She has several daughters and never got to raise them and told us that we are her daughters...I said yes Ana we are! I want you to come to my wedding! And she cried! She said that she never got to go to her own daughters and this would be a iracle for her. So yes, put it on the list!"






No comments:

Post a Comment