Monday, April 26, 2010

Family,

I had the opportunity to have Easter dinner with the Dave and Colleen Hunsaker. (my sister Tiffiny's in-laws) It was odd to see pictures of Tiff and Dave and kids on their wall. It would be fun if they were in my immediate area, but they are actually 2 areas away. Colleen said that she would take us to the temple on Tuesday. I told her that if she ever wanted to be a missionary that she could come out with us everyday!!! :)

I heard about Steve's man cave for General Conference. I laughed at the visual of him and Anastasia and Ereland. I wish I could still play the conference bingo games I remember playing as a kid. We made some for the kids we are teaching, hoping that their parents would let them watch conference.

I was able to go to conference!!! It was through miracle tickets we were able to attend the Sunday morning session. It was weird to cross the mission boundary and leave!!! YIKES!!! But we had permission. Next time I have the chance to go it will be my last General Conference before coming home, so I will be able to go with the mission. I will have been able to go to the conference center for each conference while on my mission. HOLLA!!! I love serving in Utah! Sunday morning was such a powerful session. There seemed to be so much testimony of our Savior. It brought a peach and comfort that I was particularly craving. There was so much I needed to hear and I am glad most of our investigators had the chance to listen to it.

Previously, we had been blessed with a lot of baptisms, but now we are in the finding stage.

On a side note, two of the investigators we are teaching decided to buy 50 chickens!!! We are helping them out, and finding others to help them with the up and coming hard work. We also helped a family move. I hate to admit it, but I am thankful for the work I had to do as a kid. It is helpful to know what to do, and just get in a do it without having to wait for someone to come and tell me what to do next.

We are staying really busy and teaching about 20 lessons a week. I continue to miss USU even though the family wards are good.

Things are going well. I love being a missionary! Love ya!

Sister Meldrum

No comments:

Post a Comment