Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's Cold Outside!!!!


"Logan is FREEZING!!! It has snowed about 50% of the days I have been here! We don't have a car and we have to take the bus. It reminds me of King Henry days taking the bus, but now I am in a skirt with a tag instead of a backpack and a laptop.

Well, Logan is difficult for a number of reasons...sister whitewashed our area the transfer before I got here...and there were NO investigators. We have had to build from the bottom up. It is hard to adjust, too, because we were doing so good in Woods Cross. I feel like I am not doing a good job because we are slower than the rest. My companion says that there have been a lot of miracles happen since I got here. People they have been trying to set up appointments with, that have said no, are now saying yes! That is good!

President has set specific goals for this area, too. He has big plans for the USU campus. Goals that we cannot obtain without the Lords help. I think the key to a college campus is being yourself...being real. We are real people with real problems, and God REALLY does love us and He give us REAL answers. I find that when I am not myself while teaching, I am unhappy, so, yes, I am mastering entertaining and edifying lessons...at least I hope so. Life as a missionary without laughter would be suicide. I have to laugh daily!

Life is good -- God truly loves us and I am learning a lot. I get along good with my companion. We are speaking 4 times on Sunday ... that should be a riot!"


No comments:

Post a Comment