Thursday, January 7, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates!

We are doing great! We have already bought BAGS of hand-warmers. The good thing about being in Utah is that we teach so much we are not trackting outside hours at a time. It is just running from one apartment to the next. I wear tons of layers! Yoga pants, tights, socks, thermals, sweaters, jackets...etc. I know I look skinner in the summer just because there aren't so many layers!

I really like being honest to my personality while on my mission. Missionaries aren't perfect, and it is exhausting to try to make everything perfect. It is also true that when you put on a "holier than thou" attitude it turns people off and away and they wont listen to anything you have to say. When other people see you as yourself; for example a 21 year old girl who believes in something enough to give her time and energy away, talking to people about her beliefs without pretense or agenda, but just being real, and perhaps a little quirky, people pay attention and listen because they see that if the gospel truly works for her, then it might truly work for me. When people begin to think about if the gospel is true, that gives the spirit a chance to teach and testify. Satan really tries to make us doubt where we came from and the values we have. The Lord lets us see our diving heritage. We often share Jeremiah 1:5. This is where the Lord is calling Jeremiah to be a prophet, and says that He knew him before he was born. I like how it says, "Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee." Maybe it is just scripture language, but I was thinking one day that as we pray we use formal language to show respect to the Lord, and the Lord is using that same language as he speaks to us. He loves us and sees us for what we can become.

I am still working hard. I definitely have learned that the Lord expects obedience and then He can show us the blessings. Sometimes it is hard, but it is SO worth it!!!

Love you all bunches! Talk to you soon.

Your not so frozen, still smiling and learning tons missionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment